2022 Show Season Updates & Exciting News!
With a little more than two weeks to go until the start of the 2022 show season, we’re delighted to share the following updates and news.
Use the buttons if you prefer to jump to a specific topic
Blenheim Spring Classic Series
April 6th through 16th, 2022
NO LATE FEES!
Show Jumping returns to The Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park at San Juan Capistrano when the Blenheim Spring Classic Series kicks off on Wednesday April 6th.
The two-week Spring Series features USEF “Premier/WCHR” Hunters & “Level 4 & 5” Jumpers, along with PCHA “A” Rated & OCHSA Rated classes.
Entries are open now.
Blenheim Ranch & Coast Classic
May 10th through 15th, 2022
Prize List Is Online Now!
Entries will open at 8:00 AM, Monday, March, 21
Ranch & Coast Classic Highlights Include
- $50,000 Ranch & Coast 1.45m – 1.50m National Standard Grand Prix
- $25,000 1.40m – 1.45m Open Jumper Classic
- $10,000 Markel Insurance 1.35m Open Jumper Classic
- Junior/Amateur/Amateur Owner Jumper Classics – SJHOF Series Finals Qualifiers
- Children’s, Adult Amateur, Junior-Amateur Jumper Classics – NAL Finals Qualifiers
- Young Jumper Classes & Young Jumper Classics – FREE, NO CHARGE
- WCHR Member Event (pending approval)
- $10,000 USHJA National PRO Hunter Derby
- $5,000 USHJA National JR-AM Hunter Derby
- $1,500 USHJA Pony Hunter Derby
- USHJA Green Hunter 3’/3’3” AND 3’6/3’9” Incentive Qualifiers
- CPHA Green Hunter 3’/3’3” AND 3’6”/3’9” Incentive Qualifiers
- NAL Children’s & Adult Hunter Classics – NAL Finals Qualifiers
- Young Hunter Classes & $1000 Young Hunter Classics – FREE, NO CHARGE
- Platinum Performance Talent Search Medal 2*
- WIHS Medals – Hunter & Jumper Phases
- CPHA Foundation WCE Medal
- Dover Saddlery / US Hunt Seat Medal & US Adult Medal
- NHSAA / ASPCA Maclay
- EMO Insurance/USHJA 3’3” Jumping Seat Medal & USHJA 3’3” Hunt Seat Medal
- NEW! USHJA 3’3” Adult Jumping Seat Medal
- Hamel Foundation / NHS 3’3” Medal
- NCEA 3’3” Junior Medal
- THIS Children’s Medal & Adult Medal
Ariat Adult Medal
- Marshall & Sterling Insurance / US Pony Medal
- CPHA Amateur, Junior, Horsemanship, Child/Adult, Style of Riding, & Foundation Medals
- PCHA Horsemanship, Adult, 18-34, Medal
- OCHSA Equitation, Horsemanship & 2’6” Medal
- Foxfield Medal, Onondarka & Legis Medals
NEW International VIP Club
Enjoy the breeze & relief away from the sun under the comfort of our large shade tents in the heart of our beautiful equestrian center.
The New International VIP Club offers lounge furniture and tables with front-row views of the Oaks International Grand Prix Field, the Ortega Field, and the Pacific Field.
Breakfast & Lunch Buffet (Wednesday-Sunday) and MORE!.
- Savor an assortment of delicious foods sourced daily from our favorite local restaurants.
- Healthy, vegetarian, keto and gluten-free options are available.
- Saturdays and Sundays feature the popular custom omelet station.
- Breakfast buffet is served from 7:30am-10:30am
- Lunch is served from 11:30am-2:30pm
- Grab-n-go light snacks, coffee & iced tea, La Croix, water, and Gatorade are available all day beginning at 7:30am.
- On occasion throughout the show season, special events will be added, such as cheese & charcuterie, wine tasting, fashion shows, demonstrations, and more!
- Live horse show streaming TV throughout the International Club
- And some fun extras during our Grand Prix events.
International VIP Club passes are available on a weekly basis for $425 per person, per week.
Reserved VIP Parking provides the convenience and ease of parking close to your barn
- Reserved VIP Parking is available on a limited basis.
Reserved VIP parking spots are available on a weekly basis for $175 per vehicle, per week
Footing, Food, and Fun!
Blenheim EquiSports was recently awarded a twenty-year contract (plus two five-year extensions) to manage the Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park, at San Juan Capistrano, CA.
With this long-term commitment from the City, we’ve been hard at work, improving the facility for the benefit of competitors and spectators alike.
- A new sand/fiber Grand Prix arena (the Grand Looke arena) was added, adjacent to the Oaks International Grand Prix field.
- New berms for spectator viewing have been created alongside the new Olympic and Grand Looke arenas.
- Spectator berms along the Oaks International Grand Prix field have been expanded.
- Sand/fiber warm-up arenas on the east side of the property have been expanded by twenty percent.
- New Thermal/Vented Turf Blankets have been purchased and used to enhance the grass footing and recovery between shows.
- A new restaurant, The Riding Park Café will open prior to our first show. Operated by award-winning chefs, the Café will serve keto, gluten-free, and vegan/vegetarian food options along with a variety of ethnic foods, including Mexican, Greek, Italian, American.
- Additional 12’x12’ clear span stalls have been installed, that have received positive reviews from riders, trainers, and grooms.
New Features On Showgrounds Live
Making it easier to sign up & compete
We’ve been working closely with the team at ShowgroundsLive to enhance the interface between our two websites.
New features will make it easier for trainers and competitors to enter classes, view ring status, see results, and much more!
One of the many new improvements already available; trainers will be able to add tack stalls to the trainer accounts.
Equine Health & Biosecurity
Keeping equine and human exhibitors safe and healthy
We’re working closely with federal, state, and local experts to implement the best protocols to keep horses and humans safe.
In support of the California State Veterinarian’s efforts to help stop the spread of EHV-1 and EHM, we previously canceled the first week of our Spring Classic Series.
Beginning with our Spring Classic II show, we have implemented enhanced protocols, including USEF Guidelines, enhanced temperature reporting, rapid isolation plans, scheduled arrival times, and more.
Click buttons for details:
We look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful San Juan Capistrano, for a safe and fun 2022 show season!
The entire team at Blenheim EquiSports